Monday, November 19, 2012

Is western dressing the same as catalina dressing




I make a lot of my own salad dressings such as Catalina, Ranch, Thousand Island, Russian and coleslaw dressing. Next, I want to learn how to make Italian dressing and creamy Italian dressing.





I have never heard of Western dressing until you Trouwjurken Met Kant mentioned it but it sure sounds good so now I will make that one too!





It seems to be more of a twist on the traditional French dressing rather than Catalina but still similar ingredients I think. It is rich and creamy. It a blend of tomatoes, onion and garlic.





I found this recipe that sounds really good and this is the one I will try so I will share it with you too.





1 cup of sugar (I use pure cane sugar)





1 cup of canola oil (I think I would prefer to use extra virgin olive oil instead as I use that for my other dressings too and it so much better for us)





1/2 cup Avondjurken 2012 of cider vinegar (I would use apple cider vinegar or even red wine vinegar)





1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce





1/2 cup of organic catsup (no high fructose corn syrup in the organic catsup)





4 teaspoons of grated onion (I use red onions) or 4 teaspoons of onion powder





1 teaspoon of Een Schouder Prom Dresses minced garlic





1/2 teaspoon of salt (I use sea salt)





This recipe doesn say anything about adding tomatoes except for the catsup being made from tomatoes of course but I thinking maybe it would be a good idea to also add a few chopped tomatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment